Register for Classes
PRIVATE OR GROUP INSTRUCTION
Fall Classes Begin September 6, 2022 -- Deadline Aug. 22 and Aug. 29
Spring Classes Begin January 17, 2023 -- Deadline Dec. 5 and Jan. 3
Summer Classes Begin June 12, 2023 -- Deadline May 1 and May 15
Summer Registration Form (Private Instruction) PDF | Online
Summer Registration Form (Group Instruction) PDF | Online
Fall Classes Begin September 6, 2022 -- Deadline August 22 and August 29
Fall or Spring Registration Form PDF | Online
Summer Classes Begin June 12, 2023
Registration Deadline May 1 and May 15, 2023
Summer Registration Form PDF | Online
Registration Available April 20, 2022
Dates TBD, 2023
Mandy Kung & Joanna Reeder, Co-Directors
In this weeklong intensive for pianists, we will work on duets and solo repertoire, reinforce ensemble skills, receive daily coachings, perform in a masterclass, and of course, have fun with other campers while creating memory-making musical experiences that simultaneously provide well-rounded musical training! For 1st - 8th Grade Pianists with minimum two years of piano lessons. 9:30AM - 3PM.
Creative Arts Camp 2023 | Dates TBD
In partnership with Building Blocks
Check back for Camp Dates
Stay tuned to find out the 2023 CAC theme: Two weeks of fun-packed candy-themed activities exploring literature, music, art, drama, and dance and culminating in a student performance! Special guest performances and presentations will inspire students as they explore their god-given talents. What a treat it will be! For Rising Kindergarten - Age 11, 9:00AM - 2:30PM with optional extended care.
New Parents and Students: Please review the FAQ (frequently asked questions) and Attendance Requirements before enrolling.
8/22 (Mon) Fall Registration Deadline–Returning Students
8/29 (Mon) Fall Registration Deadline
9/5 (Mon) Labor Day - No Classes
9/6 (Tues) First Day of Fall Classes – Late Fees Apply
9/16 (Thurs) Fall Holiday
11/21 (Mon) Spring Automatic Enrollment Begins
11/21 (M) Make-up Lesson Days *optional
11/22-11/26 (T-S) Thanksgiving Holiday
12/4 (Sun) Student Recital – 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
12/5 (Mon) Spring Enrollment Deadline–Current Students
12/13 (Tues) Spring Registration Open for New Students
12/16 (Fri) Last Day of Fall Classes
12/19-12/22 (M-T) Make-up Lessons
12/23-1/2 SOFA Office Closed
1/3 (Tues) Spring Registration Deadline–New Students
1/16 (Mon) MLK Holiday - No Classes
1/17 (Tues) Spring Classes Begin – Late Fees Apply
3/13-17 (M-F) Spring Break - No Classes
3/31 (Mon) Summer Camp Registration Begins
4/7 (Fri) Good Friday Holiday
4/21 (Fri) Adult Student Recital - Time TBD
4/23 (Sun) Spring Student Recital - 3 p.m.
4/24 (Mon) Summer Registration Opens
4/29 (Sat) Spring Student Recital – 3 p.m.
4/30 (Sun) Family Music Celebration - 4 p.m.
5/1 (Mon) Summer Registration Deadline Current Private
5/1 (Mon) May-Mini Session Begins
5/15 (Mon) Summer Registration Deadline New Students
5/26 (Fri) Last Day of May-Mini Session
5/31 (Wed) HISD's Last Day of Classes
6/12 (Mon) Summer Classes Begin
TBA (M-F) Piano Camp (2nd to 8th Grade)
TBA Creative Arts Camp (Rising Kindergarten - Age 11)
8/18 (Fri) Last Day of Summer Classes
- Fall and spring classes are on a 14-week term. There will be one week off for Spring Break in March, and Tues-Fri off on Thanksgiving week.
- Students enrolled in private instruction are not guaranteed placement with the same teacher from one semester to the next. However, we highly encourage consistency in instruction and try our best to keep students with the same instructor.
- The SOFA Calendar can be found above and on the SOFA Bulletin Board. SOFA’s vacation schedule differs from HISD and St. Andrew’s Children’s Place. In extreme weather conditions, we follow HISD public announcements for cancellations. Check the SOFA website and social media platforms for emergency announcements.
- Registrations received after the registration deadline will be assessed a $25 late registration fee.
- All tuitions include a non-refundable registration fee of $50/Private and Group and $35/Music Readiness Classes. Check the SOFA Calendar for registration deadlines for returning and new students.
- A deposit of $100 or full payment is due at the time of registration to reserve a spot for each student.
- Returned Check Fee: $20 for checks returned for any reason.
- Once a lesson time is agreed upon, it is the student’s responsibility to commit to that time slot for the entire term. Refunds will not be given if a student can no longer come during their assigned time after the semester begins.
- In the event that we are unable to place you in the desired class, you will be notified and given the option to (a) switch to a different class, (b) be placed on a waiting list, or (c) be refunded the tuition.
- A $100 deposit is due at the time of registration to reserve a spot. Installment plans and scholarships are available and must be arranged through the director. Email [email protected] to request a scholarship application.
- Make checks payable to St. Andrew’s SOFA and write the name of the student and semester in the memo. Do not send cash through the mail.
ENROLLMENT GUIDELINES - SUMMER SESSION
- All tuition includes a non-refundable registration fee of $35.
- Summer classes are offered on a 6 or 8 week term.
- Schedules in the summer are designed to accommodate vacation plans and other commitments, and cannot be adjusted once lesson times are confirmed with the instructor.
- Summer Private Students enrolled in the spring semester must take a minimum of 6 summer lessons in order to gain priority placement for the fall semester.
- Private and Group students not enrolled for the minimum summer lessons are not guaranteed studio placement in the following fall semester and may be placed in a different studio based on availability.