January 20 MLK Holiday- No Classes
January 21 Spring Classes Begin
March 6 Early Bird Registration for Summer Camp
March 16-20 (M-F) Spring Break- No Classes
March 30 Summer Camp Registration Begins
April 10 Good Friday Holiday
April 20 Summer Registration Opens
April 25 Spring Student Recital
April 26 Music Readiness Celebration and 15th Anniversary Celebration
May 1 Adult Student Social and Last Day of Spring Classes
May 2 Spring Voice Student Recital
May 4 Summer Registration Deadline for Current Private Students
May 18 Summer Registration Deadline for New Students
June 1 Summer Classes Begin
August 21 Last Day of Summer Classes
- Fall and spring classes are on a 14-week term. There will be one week off for Spring Break in March, and Tues-Fri off on Thanksgiving week.
- Students enrolled in private instruction are not guaranteed placement with the same teacher from one semester to the next. However, we highly encourage consistency in instruction and do try our best to keep students with the same instructor.
- The SOFA Calendar can be found here and the SOFA Bulletin Board. SOFA’s vacation schedule differs from HISD and St. Andrew’s Children’s Place. In extreme weather conditions, we follow HISD public announcements for cancellations.
- All tuitions include a non-refundable registration fee of $40/Private and Group and $25/Music Readiness Classes.
- A deposit of $100 or full payment is due at the time of registration to reserve a spot for each student.
- RETURNED CHECK FEE: $20 for checks returned for any reason.
- Registration forms received after the registration deadline will be accessed a $20 late fee.
- Once a lesson time is agreed upon, it is the student’s responsibility to commit to that time slot for the entire term. Refunds will not be given if a student can no longer come during their assigned time after the semester begins.
- In the event that we are unable to place you in the desired class, you will be notified and given the option to (a) switch to a different class, (b) be placed on a waiting list, or (c) be refunded the tuition.
- Payment is due at the time of registration to insure a spot. Installment plans and scholarships are available and must be arranged through the director. Email [email protected] to request a scholarship application.
- Make checks payable to St. Andrew’s SOFA and write the name of the student in the memo. Do not send cash through the mail.
ENROLLMENT GUIDELINES - SUMMER SESSION
- All tuition includes a non-refundable registration fee of $25.
- Summer classes are on a 6 or 8 week term.
- Schedules in the summer are designed to accommodate vacation plans and other commitments, and cannot be adjusted once lesson times are confirmed with the instructor.
- Summer Private Students enrolled in the spring semester must take a minimum of 6 summer lessons in order to gain priority placement for the fall semester.